Fifty percent of all commercial-scale process implementations fail. This course will address critical success factors for process innovation and scale-up from idea to commercial scale start-up. From innovation stage, discovery, concept, feasibility, development, detailed design through to construction, procurement, and start-up. Specific attention is paid to design, modelling and experimentation. The course consists of interactive lectures, discussions and workshops applied to real industrial cases.
- Identify critical aspects of integrated process scale-up
- Choose the best process and unit operations in view of scale-up
- Make an innovation plan for a given case
- Interactive lectures supported by case studies
- Learn from workshops solving real industry problems
- Scale-up risks of processes
- Stage-gate innovation steps to reduce risks
- Connections between design, modelling and experimental validation
- Pilot plant design and test program decisions
- Start-up preparation
- Technology Readiness Levels assessment for new process technologies.
- Key scale-up performance phenomena of unit operations.
- Choice of unit operations in view of scale-up
- Scale-up methods for unit operations.
Visit the Symmetric website for more information on this online course: https://www.symmetric.events/event/advanced-industrial-process-and-unit-operations-scale-up/